Wednesday, September 2, 2015

New staff member! Meet Mrs. Heald

New staff member! Meet Mrs. Heald

Article by: Eurielle and Kate
School News Team
IMG_3621.JPG

On Friday, August 21, we interviewed Mrs. Heald, a new staff member working in the Welcome Center always there to help. We asked a few questions about her and her opinion about Design39Campus. She seems super excited about this school year.
Since Mrs. Heald is excited for this year for multiple things, we wanted to know what she is most excited about. “I am most excited to meet everyone here. You guys have a great community and I am very excited to be part of it.” She says, “I am also excited for all the exciting teachers and families I get to meet this year.”  Mrs. Heald has not had experience in working at a school before. This is going to be a great year for her.
We asked her what she thought was going to happen this school year. “I think that there’s going to be a lot of exciting things. I think that the students are going to do so many great things with technology and deep dives. I think that the community is going to grow, and come together even more now that there are new families here, and more grade levels. I think that it’s going to become a stronger community.”
Since our school is high tech and we use more technology, we thought there might be some differences between Mrs. Heald’s children’s school and Design39Campus.  Mrs Heald responded, “They of course have teachers and students and families and principals, but they don’t have the chance to use as much technology as you do, and they don’t get the chance to move around that much and get to know different teachers and LEDs and students as often as you do.”
Mrs. Heald knew some information on Design39Campus before she came. “Did you expect this school to be this way?”  She answered, “I did some research about this school and I knew a bit about it before I got here. The things I was pleasantly surprised about as I got to know Mrs.Wrisley more and see how she and the assistant principal like to run the school and see how engaging they are with everybody and what a warm, happy environment it is.”

Thank you Mrs. Heald! Have a wonderful year at Design39Campus!  

4 comments:

Have feedback or ideas for D39C? Please share!